- completed a LAUNCH: Read over the following article about a bicyclist who was shot and killed in the Richmond District. Remind you of anything?
- discussed the comic structure of “Knocked Up” and the tragicomic structure of “Juno” in small groups by answering the following questions:
- What are the flaws of the characters?
- How do the character flaws CREATE conflict?
- What are the opportunities to overcome these flaws?
- How was the outcome dependent on whether or not the characters overcame their flaws?
- Overall, do you think it is a comedy, tragedy, or tragicomedy? Why?
- examined why the writer of “Knocked Up” decided to include a dramatic moment wherein the baby’s life is at risk.
Homework (due Tuesday, tomorrow):
- Last chance to turn in your two Mastery Assignments before you get transferred out of AP Literature!