- Collected the V for Vendetta mini-essay that was due today.
- Studied the definition of utopia and dystopia along with several examples from film and literature.
- Answered some short questions about how V for Vendetta is an example of a dystopian film.
- Watched the beginning 15 minutes of V for Vendetta since most students didn’t do their Winter assignment(!)
- You can download a copy of today’s reading and assignment as a pdf or doc file.
Homework: Due Tomorrow (Tuesday, 1-6-09)
- Write the most straightforward mini-essay EVER that answers the following question: How is V for Vendetta an example of dystopian film? Why did Alan Moore decide to write it as a dystopia? Be sure you balance summary with analysis.