- Listened to this announcement: If I don’t receive your essays (all of them) by Wednesday, Jan. 14th, then I cannot give you a passing grade for this class.
- Took notes from a presentation on propaganda and slogans.
- Completed a sheet of questions about Book 1, Chapter 1 from 1984. (You can download this assignment as a pdf or doc file.)
- Watched a clip from Jon Stewart’s The Daily Show about how the government can use words to manipulate our understanding of the world.
Homework: Due Tomorrow (Thursday, 1-8-09)
- Read Chapters 2 & 3 in Book 1 of 1984 (pages 106-122) and annotate twice per page.